Friday, November 2, 2012

A Blurred Glass


Just as I closed one door, another opened in the aisle
I stepped precariously first, hastily next
Touched open the door wide and peeped inside
It was beautiful and serene but empty
The soft click of the door closing amplified
All around me it was just me, my heartbeat and breathing
And a yearning to touch and experience things around me
Everything was electrified with a strange foreign energy –
Completely alien but painfully tempting
Eyes closed I sensed everything I could get at
Exhilarated, I could feel myself vibrating in sweat.

Something moved – I dashed towards it.

Nothingness again, but pulse wouldn’t rest
 A fever burning within, I rested my cheek
On the cool foggy glass – found solace in chaos

I saw him through the blurred glass

He looked at me square, unassuming face, difficult eyes
But I knew it was him I had felt and caressed
He came closer, I pressed further
Matching his hands on the glass, his face matching mine –
It was the forever moment of pause
We both celebrated the touch-less warmth.
Till they opened the door and dragged me out
I did not protest, I didn’t call out
I looked on – still behind the glass, reaching till last
And I knew he was real, I saw him through a blurred glass
Not knowing if I’ll find him, away from the blurred glass.

2 comments: